What’s in this policy
- General information
- 2 .Who we are, brands and websites within scope
- Personal data you provide and how we collect it
- Processing of personal data
- Storing your data
- Your rights
- How to get in touch
Carisa Radiators Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy describes how we collect and process your personal data when you contact us, use our websites, products, services, online.
Carisa Radiators Ltd. Unit 2, Floats Road, Roundthorn Ind Est. Manchester M23 9JL are the data controller of personal information collected and processed through our company.
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect your personal information in order to deliver and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we collect.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Why do you collect my information?
There are a few ways we process the information we hold about you. We’ll use it:
- Where it’s necessary to perform our contract with you
- To process your orders for our products a and to bill you for the same
- To provide you with the products you have ordered from us
- To provide access to privileged areas of our online services which require an account
- To improve our services and customer experience
- To respond to any questions or complaints you may have regarding our products and services
Where you’ve given us your consent
- To send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards we think will be of interest to you. However, we hate junk mail as much as you do so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information. We’ll cover more of that further down.
- To administer contests and competitions.
Where we’ve got a legitimate interest
This is when we’ve got a good reason to process your data; e.g. situations where Carisa needs to process information to operate its business. However we always do this by considering the safeguards and impact to you.
Processing activities based on a legitimate interest include:
- To complete transactional orders & warranty obligations
- To enable us to gain customer insights and to review, develop and improve our products and services to ensure we are giving customers what they want
- Complying with laws and regulations that apply to us
Examples of information collected
- Purchase our products (whether via our websites or over the phone)
- Use a channel partner to resolve a service incident with Carisa
- When you order a brochure
- Create or log in to an account on our website
- Contact us by telephone, email, electronic messaging or post
- Register your product guarantee
- Correspond with us via emails and letters
- Download or stream content such as videos
- Apply for a job
- Apply for an account
Additionally, we may also obtain information occasionally from:
- All social media networks
We’ll never keep more information from you than we need to. The types of information we collect will depend upon: whether we collect the information from you or from someone else.
Types Information you give to us:
- When you create an online account, or contact us with queries we’ll ask you to give us, where necessary, your c basic details (i.e. name, surname), your contact details (i.e. address, email, phone number), if signing up for a website account we will ask for basic information plus we ask for your Postcode.
- When you talk to us on the phone, email, communicate via electronic messaging (such as SMS, MMS etc) or write to us. Again, where necessary, we’ll ask for your basic details.
How do you keep my information?
We collect and store your data safely and only for the time strictly necessary to operate services provided to you by Carisa and/or based on the reasons we process your personal data. Afterwards it’ll either be destroyed or anonymised.
A few examples for how long we’ll keep your data:
- Unless you ask us not to, we store your basic details (i.e. name, surname, contact details) for up to two years after you stop being our customer, to contact you just in case you change your mind.
- We keep any purchase data for 7 years, for tax purposes.
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is incorrect or out of date. If the information we hold on you is wrong, you can email us at [email protected], let us know what needs updating and we’ll take reasonable steps to check this for you and correct it. We have provided more information on your rights below.
Verification of your information – When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
It’s all about choice
You can choose not to give us personal information. In this section we explain the effects this may have.
We may need to collect personal information by law, or to enter into or fulfil a contract we have with you.
If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contract with you, or doing what we must do by law. It may also mean we cannot support your account. It could mean we cancel an order with us.
Sometimes we’ll need to share the information we hold about you with others. We provide information about you to:
- Our relevant employees so they can administer and deal with any questions or complaints you’ve got about any products or services provided to you by Bristan Group Ltd now or in the future
- Our distribution partners that deliver our products to you.
- Marketing agencies we work with when creating marketing campaigns, special offers and promotions.
We won’t pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required to disclose that information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
What are my rights when it comes to my information?
Here we’ll explain the rights you have regarding your information:
|Rights||What does this mean?|
|1. The right to be informed||You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your iinformation and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in thisPrivacyPolicy.|
|2. The right of access||You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like.
This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
We won’t charge for this and we’ll do our best to get details back within 30 days.
|3. The right to rectification||You’re entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete. Just let us know of any changes.|
|4. The right to erasure||This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.|
To exercise any of these rights at any time, check out the “How do I get in Touch” section.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
If you’ve got any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you can contact us:
- By using the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 01634 711577
- Or by writing to us: Carisa Radiators Ltd. Unit 2, Floats Road, Roundthorn Ind Est. Manchester M23 9JL
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You also have the right to representation by a not-for-profit organisation, such as European Digital Rights. As per Article 80 of GDPR Policy.
Here’s a glossary of data types:
Contact details: name, address, telephone number, email address, delivery details.
Customer Care data: your support requests and the details required to resolve them. The time and duration of the call and the solution applied.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [Insert your organisation’s contact details for data protection queries].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk